The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic has been a staple of NXT since 2015. The very first winners were Finn Balor and Samoa Joe. Other teams who have won the tournament include Undisputed Era, MSK, Ricochet and Aleister Black, and The Authors of Pain. Additionally, last year’s tournament saw the indoctrination of a Women’s Dusty tournament, which was won by the team of Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzales, who would soon after go on to be the inaugural NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions as well.
As we’re at the start of the new year, it’s about that time for the tournament to take place once again, and we have some of the names slated to compete on the men’s side. Here is the confirmed list so far. Expect more teams to be announced soon.
- Jacket Time (Kushida and Ikemen Jiro)
- MSK (Wes Lee and Nash Carter)
- Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs
- Malik Blade and Edris Enofe
- Legado del Fantasma (Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza)
- Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson and James Drake)
- Andre Chase and Bodhi Hayward
- Creed Brothers (Julius Creed and Brutus Creed)
The men’s tournament will start next week, while the women’s tournament won’t begin until February. The team of Blade and Enofe qualified for the tournament when they defeated Joe Gacy and Harland. While the latter may have been expected to enter, it seems there are other plans for the pair.