WWE and the Saudi Arabia U.S Embassy in contact over Iranian threat ahead of Crown Jewel
WWE and U.S. Embassy officials in Riyadh have been in contact over the current Iranian threat. This information comes ahead of Saturday’s scheduled Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia.
A State Department spokesperson said that officials from the embassy reached out to the WWE. They wanted to ensure its travelers are aware and informed of the latest safety and security concerns and information.
What We Know Ahead Of Crown Jewel
The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that Saudi Arabia and the U.S. had elevated their alert level following the threat of an “imminent attack” on from Iran. The Wall Street Journal report said,
“Saudi officials said Iran is poised to carry out attacks on both the kingdom and Erbil, Iraq.” The report continued “in an effort to distract attention from domestic protests that have roiled the country since September.”
On Thursday it was reported by PWInsider that the WWE have been “in regular contact” with the U.S Embassy in Saudi Arabia. The current advisory from the State Department recommends all Americans “reconsider” any travel to the country at this time.
The State Department all American travelers to “exercise increased caution in Saudi Arabia due to terrorism.” This warning comes “due to the threat of missile and drone attacks on civilian facilities.” The State Department added that “some areas have increased risk.”
The White House National Security Council issued a statement earlier this week stating that it is ready to react and respond to any attack on Saudi Arabia.
“We are concerned about the threat picture, and we remain in constant contact through military and intelligence channels with the Saudis,” the statement read. “We will not hesitate to act in the defense of our interests and partners in the region.”
With Crown Jewel here and the threat level growing concerns are at an all time high. Keep an eye on WrestlingRepublic.com for any further news or developments that occur.